This article will review how to create a specific example of a custom role: say you have a publisher who you want to have full publishing access, but does not need access to configure community settings or to manage users. Let's review how you might create this particular custom role!
- Sign in to Studio.
- Navigate to Configure > Roles.
- Click the + Role button.
- Name the custom role 'Unrestricted Publisher' and give it a description such as "Full publishing access only".
- Under Permissions, enable the following toggles:
- Campaigns & Calendar parent toggle, as well as all sub-toggles - gives the user unrestricted access to create, compose, and save campaign drafts
- Insights parent toggle only - gives the user access to the limited Content Publisher collection of reports, but not all reports
- People parent toggle and the Create Audiences sub-toggle - gives the user access to create and edit audiences, but not manage users
- Library parent toggle, as well as all sub-toggles - gives the user unrestricted access to manage all campaign assets
- Configure parent toggle and Workflow sub-toggle - gives the user access to manage workflows such as user onboarding and welcome emails
No restrictions - gives the user access to all campaigns, topics, audiences, templates, email aliases, and author aliases
- Save the role.
Your custom role will now be displayed on the roles page, and can be assigned to one or more users from the People page.
When Unrestricted Publishers sign in, they will be able to access everything they need to publish without limitations.
For visual learners, check out our video to learn how to create and assign a custom Unrestricted Publisher role.