Is a user not receiving an email notification for a campaign? The checklist below lists the most common issues that may prevent email delivery for a user.
- Has the campaign been published to the intended audience at the intended date and time?
- Is Engagement Boost enabled? This may vary the delivery date and time.
- Were other channels (Assistant, Push) selected? If so, the user might be notified on other channels.
- Has the user opened the campaign on another platform? Intelligent delivery won’t send a notification if the user has already opened the campaign post in the web, mobile, or microapp experiences. In rare instances, a user can open a campaign pre-receipt of a planned delivery (even with Engagement Boost disabled). This is possible if a user opens the content in the member experience immediately after a campaign has been published. This can happen if the campaign is published to a topic or a user's For You feed.
- Does the user have a valid email in the system?
- Did the user get the email but it went to their spam or junk folder? Also, some systems "quarantine" emails, meaning it never gets delivered. Customer IT can check this.
Is the email being deferred? If a recipient is being reported as email sent but not email delivered, with no error or drop, this can indicate that delivery is being deferred by our email delivery service, or by the recipient's server.
For more information:
Has the user unsubscribed from emails? Check to see if they are on the List of Unsubscribed Users report. If you do not have access to the List of Unsubscribed Users report in the Utilities report collection, please contact support to have this enabled.
User can be resubscribed to campaign emails by Support. Submit a ticket to request for all or a selection of users to be resubscribed to campaign emails. In the AI Customer Service window, type your 'resubscribe' query, then select 'No' to the next solutions which are returned, this will enable the 'Contact Support' option to show.
There are 2 main reasons why a user would be unsubscribed from campaign emails:
They have unsubscribed using the ‘unsubscribe’ link on a campaign email
We have received a hard bounce for their email address when attempting to send to them in the past. It is a requirement for email senders (such as ourselves) that following a hard bounce to an email address, senders would not send to that address again. The penalty is appearing as a spammer for ignoring hard bounce responses.
A hard bounce is an email message that has been returned to the sender because the recipient’s address is invalid. A hard bounce might occur because the domain name doesn’t exist or because the recipient is unknown. If an email is on the bounce list, we will auto-drop any future requests to this email address.
Is there an alert on https://status.firstup.io?