With the launch of the new Studio in 2021, we introduced the ability to see the full content of a campaign within a user's inbox. This altered the meaning of a view and a click in our metrics. Before, with Classic Studio, you could only view the cover card of the content in your email and had to click to see the full content/campaign. Now, opening the email results in both a view and a click at the same time. This shift is further documented in the “Where is it now? Engagement Rate” article.
We are currently in the process of completing some small adjustments to how metrics are reported. Before, we found some numbers were over or under-reported if a campaign included one or more links to other campaigns (such as a "newsletter" style campaign).
This update will address the reported issues below. Please check the current status of these issues on the Known Issues Tracker.
- Embedded link clicks are underreported in the Campaign Performance [New Studio Campaigns] report - CSUP-31
- Post Performance report shows no viewer details and clicks at 100% - CSUP-1707
- Campaign Delivery Details report showing CTR (click-through rate) greater than 100% - CSUP-2187
- Reports displaying an abnormally high number of clicks, inconsistent with previously reported clicks - CSUP-2268
- Content Overview report topic filter includes campaigns outside of the filtered topic - CSUP-139
- Topic Performance report includes 'Top Post' details for campaigns outside of the filtered topic - CSUP-522
- Engagement rate differs between reports when using the same content filters - CSUP-1274
- Incorrect 'Emails Sent' count in Campaign Delivery Details report - CSUP-1568
- Inconsistent naming convention between 'Views' and 'Clicks' in the Campaign Performance report - CSUP-1675
- Engagement rates do not match on Content Overview and Initiatives Overview reports - CSUP-1431