Once you've finished creating your content, you can customize your campaign details using the Orchestration Engine. The Orchestration Engine was designed to find the balance between the goals of getting information to end-users while limiting the amount of incoming disruptive messages.
The settings here will impact your performance and fatigue scores for the campaign. Orchestration Engine will seek to optimize these scores for you. If you manually adjust the settings, remember to aim for high performance and low fatigue!
Setup focuses on your target topics and audience. Defining your target topics and audience ensures your campaigns are reaching the users who need to view them the most. Setup is also where you will specify how important your campaign is, as well as how long you want it to run.
- Topics - Topics are how posts are organized in the web experience and mobile app of your community with Firstup. If you want the content to appear in topic-filtered views such as Latest, Featured, Trending, and Microapps, or email newsletters that are configured to pull in content from this topic, you can target the post to at least one topic by clicking on topics. If no topic is selected, the content will still appear in the mobile app and web experience under the For You tab. You can modify the topic selection at any time, including after publishing the campaign.
- Audience - Select from one of your frequently used audiences, search from an existing list of saved audiences, or create a new audience. Audience controls who the notifications for this campaign are sent to. Combined with priority and user history, this can mean Assistant, email, or push notifications.
- Priority - Priority determines how important the campaign is. Priority corresponds to the number of notifications sent out about the campaign. Priority also impacts the timing of notifications and whether re-notification will occur if a user does not view the content. This setting will be greyed out if no audience has been selected, because notifications cannot be seen if there is not an audience assigned.
- Publish - Specify a date and time for the post to be published in the feed. The time that you select will be set in the same time zone as your device. For example, if you schedule a publish time of 9 am Eastern, the post will publish at 9 am Eastern/6 am Pacific.
- Duration - Duration determines how long you want any reminder notifications to be sent about the post. If no duration is selected, no campaign intelligence will be attached to the post. It will publish when scheduled and have no further user prompting. Also, critical content that needs immediate attention should be assigned a shorter duration to ensure it is viewed in a timely manner.
Features allows you to apply action items to your campaign to increase engagement. (Some toggles may already be enabled or disabled based on your community's default settings.) Administration options include the ability to assign initiatives to help track your business objectives, as well as the option to choose whether you want the community itself or a Studio user to be listed as the campaign author.
- Commentable - Enable to promote engagement.
- Translatable - When enabled, users that are browsing content with a device set to a different language than the content will see a translate icon on the post.
- Shareable - You can enable this to make the share icon appear to users. When enabled, the pre-populated Share Message becomes available.
- Share Message - Craft a suggested share message for users. This share message can be edited by users and will be suggested to users depending on which network they share to and your community configuration.
- Public URL Slug - This will be added to your community's URL to uniquely identify the campaign when shared externally.
- Featured - Enable in order to make this content appear on the Featured tab. Once enabled, customize the label.
- Resources - Enable this feature to add this piece of content to the list of quick links available under the Resources tab in the web and mobile experience.
- Initiatives - Assign an initiative to the post to aid with tracking business objectives.
- Author Alias - By default, content appears to be published by the community itself. Click on the author to select yourself or another Studio user from the dropdown menu. Users appear in the list if they are both a Studio user AND they are fully registered in the member experience.
Rules specify which channels your campaigns will be received on and define re-engagement preferences. Custom send addresses can also be added for email. Messaging allows you to create a custom email subject line and push notification. You can also schedule an archiving preference.
- Optimize - Personalize communication delivery and re-engagement attempts based on user behavior.
- Hybrid - Deliver this communication to the audience at publishing time, and personalize re-engagement attempts based on user behavior.
- Override - By default, users will be reached where they're most likely to engage. You can override the channel setting if you want to reach users at specific endpoints. Select the second toggle and then check the boxes to specify only the feed, email, assistance, or push notification.
- Audience - Your audience will receive the campaign on one or more channels. Select which channel/s your audience will receive the campaign on.
- Email Sender Alias - Choose from the available email contact addresses in your community to customize who the email segment of your campaign will be sent from.
- Messaging - Craft the email and push notification message that will be deep-linked to your campaign.
- Archive - Select an archive option.