Since emails can be sent to members of your community regardless of registration status, there may be instances where you only want to send an email campaign, and not send out Assistant or push notifications.
How to Create a Standalone Email
This article will walk you through how to create and publish a standalone email.
- Sign in to Studio as an Administrator or Community Manager .
- Click Create to create a new campaign.
- Create and edit your campaign.
- Click Preview to send yourself a test email for the campaign before publishing.
- Once you've finished editing your campaign, click Continue in the bottom navigation bar to move to Orchestrate. The Orchestration settings will determine how to reach your target audience. For an email campaign, a topic is not required, but you will need to assign an audience to target your email to. Note: The campaign will still appear in the For You section in the mobile app and web experience.
Generally, we recommend trusting the orchestration engine to reach users where they are most likely to engage. However, for email campaigns, you can deselect the additional channels to ensure that you only target the email channel.
Target Email Only
Note: The Channels section will display only the Email channel for email-only customers.
- Once you have made your Orchestration settings selections, click Continue to move on to the Review page and approve your newsletter for publishing.
- Click Publish to publish your email.
How Do Campaigns Appear in Email?
Campaigns appear in email similar to how they appear in the user experience. Note: Click-through functionality via email is only available on link, video, poll content blocks, however, playing videos and responding to polls will require a login to the mobile app or web experience. Note: Poll blocks are currently not available for email-only communities.