Note: This feature is in the process of being retired. New implementations should refer to Shortcuts.
What Are Quick Links?
Quick Links were designed to easily connect your users to important services, websites, and applications that the majority of your workforce uses on a regular basis. Your users can access four Quick Links at the top of the web experience.
By default, these four Quick Links take the user to other areas of the web experience such as Featured content, Latest feed, Trending content, and either Discover or Resources. Brand Super Admins can customize the Quick Links in Studio to link users to important services, websites, or applications such as payroll, timesheets, expenses, branding, or intranet pages. Quick Links could also be used to link to other areas of the web experience.
Image showing where the Quick Links are located on the web experience:
Related Feature Comparison:
- Resources are a light repository of your company documents, communications, and links. Resources are presented as content cards in a feed available in both the web experience and mobile app. Each content card can be open to all users or targeted to specific audiences.
- Quick Links help your web users quickly access your top four services, web pages, or applications. The same four Quick Links appear to all web experience users. Quick Links are not available to mobile users and can not be targeted.
- Targeted Link Collections help your web users quickly access a list of your most important company services, websites, and applications. Unlike Quick Links, Targeted Link Collections can be targeted to specific audiences and are available in both the mobile app and web experience under your digital assistant.
- Command Integrations provide in-platform access and functionality for integrated systems (grab your PTO directly from within the community!).
Quick Link Strategic Considerations
There are only four Quick Links and they will appear to all of your users. So, think of the top services, websites, and applications that most commonly used across your workforce and customize them accordingly. Examples of Quick Links:
- HR System - PTO balances, pay stubs, etc.
- Travel services
- Time tracking
- Salesforce or other related CRMs
- Marketing platforms
- Branding websites
- File sharing tools like Google, Dropbox or Box
- Asset management systems
- Other pages within the web experience - such as Assistant Integrations
If your community is using Resources to help users find important content, we recommend that you leave at least one Quick Link pointing to Resources. Resources are targeted, so if you link all users to Resources when they land on that page they see content relevant to them. If you do remove Resources from the Quick Links, Resources can still be accessed on the web experience or mobile app by opening the stack icon.
If you have specific services, websites, and applications that are only relevant to specific audiences, consider using Resources or Targeted Link Collections instead.
Note: Only the default Quick Links (Featured, Latest, Trending, and Discover/Resources) will be localized to the user's browser's language setting. If you set a custom Quick Link, it will not be translated. You can use Resources or Targeted Link Collections to translate and target.
Sign in to Studio as a Brand Super Admin or an applicable custom role. To access the Quick Link configuration, open Studio and navigate to Configure > Experience > Quick Links.
Scroll down to the Quick Links section.
Click on a quick link to edit the name, description, URL, and/or image. Character limits and image requirements are displayed in Studio. The icon is displayed at 30 x 30 pixels, but we recommend up to 100 x 100 pixels for better resolution.
Check the box to open the URL link in new tab. Use Convert to Greyscale to help your icon blend in with the existing defaults.
When you are done updating the Quick Link, save your changes by clicking Done. Allow a few minutes for the web experience to update with any changes.
Click Reset All to restore all four Quick Links to the default configuration.
You cannot remove any Quick Links or add more Quick Links - there are only four Quick Links.
Measure Quick Link Success
We have a specific report for measuring the success of your Quick Links. To access this report, please navigate to Insights and look for the Quick Link Overview report.
User activity is expressed in Clicks.