I can choose topic manager in role – but in the next section, it only includes topics alphabetically up to the first 20.
- Studio | People | Users
- Classic Studio | Classic Studio Component (delete if Classic not affected, or component name is the same across both platforms)
- Member Experience | Web
- Member Experience | iOS mobile app 4.2.0-4.2.1
- Member Experience | Chrome on Mac
- Etc. - be specific, and include everything that has been verified (avoid speculation)
When setting up a user as a Topic Manager in new Studio, only the top 20 Topics are listed and there is no option to search for other Topics.
After setting a user as a Topic Manager, edit the Topic in Configure | Topics to then add that user as a Contributor.
Please check the current status of this issue on the Known Issues Tracker. (Issue ID: MAGIC-7710)
Product Issues - From the Team
- Thou shall not create a duplicate.
- Thou shall maintain the context of the customer.
- Thou shall remember the audience (8th-grade reading level, technical skill level, ESL, etc.).
- Thou shall not reference a specific customer, employee, nor incident.
- Instructions shall be numbered steps, lists shall be bullets.
- Numbered steps:
- Tip: use shift+enter to insert images or notes without numbering the new line.
- HTML trick for controlling number start: <ol start="2”>.
- Numbered steps might have sub-steps (more numbers)... or sub-lists (bullets).
- Bulleted lists:
- Bullets should always be capitalized.
- Only use punctuation (period, question mark, etc.) if the bulleted item is a complete sentence.
- Numbered steps:
- Product names shall be proper (refer to vocabulary table).
- Graphics shall be kept small, all text written out.
- Section headers shall be in Heading 1.
- Thou shall refrain from abbreviations, acronyms, and metaphors.
- Thou shall use a spellchecker.