As a Microsoft Teams administrator, you have the ability to enhance the appearance of your app (tab app experience and/or topic-to-channel mapping) with branding customization, creating a personalized and branded experience for users within your community. These modifications ensure alignment with your organization's identity and branding guidelines. For instance, you can customize the app's description and icon, allowing users to easily recognize it as an internal tool tailored to your organization's unique needs. Note that customizing your app does not change any app functionality.
The following are the visual assets in your app that can be customized:
- Short name
- Short description
- Full description
- Color icon
- Outline icon
- Accent color
Customize App Branding
To change the look and feel of your app, follow these steps:
Sign in to the Teams admin center and access Teams apps > Manage apps.
- Search for your app using the app name.
- To customize the individual assets, click the check mark next to the row of the app and then select Customize.
- Customize one or more of the assets. For specifications on some of the assets, see Asset Specifications below.
- After customizing the app, click Apply. To verify the changes that you've made, see Preview App Customizations below. To undo the changes, see Reset Assets to Default below.
- Select Publish to publish the customized app. The modifications may take a few hours to display.
The app will be listed on the Manage apps page and in the Teams store and client (available via web, mobile, or desktop client) with the updated assets. The modification may take a few hours to display.
|Short description||The short description must be under 80 characters. Do not repeat what is in the full description.|
|Color icon||Full-color icon in PNG format that is 192x192 pixel in resolution.|
|Outline icon||Transparent outline icon in PNG format that is 32x32 pixel in resolution.|
|Accent color||Color must match your icon background.|
Preview App Customizations
To view your customization changes, access the app details page:
- Sign in to the Teams admin center and access Teams apps > Manage apps.
To open the app details page, select the app name.
View the app details, including the original app name in the field Short name from publisher. The field is only visible if you've changed the app's short name.
Reset Assets to Default
You can always reset your customizations to the original assets:
- Sign in to the Teams admin center and access Teams apps Manage apps.
- To open the app details page, select the app name.
- From the Actions menu, select Reset to default.