Note: This is a premium feature or service. This article only applies to your community if your Firstup contract includes this premium functionality. Please contact your Customer Success Manager with any questions about feature availability for your community.
Firstup's ScreenCloud integration makes it easy to share your Firstup campaigns in your ScreenCloud digital signage network.
- Deliver content to deskless employees and other hard-to-reach employees, where they are most likely to engage. Share announcements, positive messages, news and more, all driven from inside Firstup.
- Create a simple connection between Firstup and ScreenCloud. Then work directly inside Firstup to manage announcements and key messages automatically appear across your screen network.
Install and Configure ScreenCloud Firstup App
To complete these instructions you must have:
- Access to ScreenCloud
- An active community with Firstup
- A contract with Firstup for this premium feature
- A Creator Studio role of Community Administrator or higher (Note that consumers of the content via this integration do not need any particular role or permission.)
- Topics in your community that are ready to be connected to ScreenCloud (see Configure in Firstup)
- Log in to your ScreenCloud account.
- Locate Apps on the left navigation menu and search for Firstup.
- Click the Get button to add the app to your account and to add an app instance.
- Click Connect a Firstup account.
- Sign in using your Creator Studio credentials.
- Select your Firstup Region from the drop-down menu.
Enter your Firstup unique Client ID and Client Secret. (Please contact your Customer Success Manager to obtain your unique Firstup Client ID and Client secret. The Client ID and Client Secret are unique to each Firstup community. If you have multiple Firstup communities, you will need a unique Client ID and Client Secret for each community.)
- Provide a name for your app instance.
Click Add Connection.
Select the channels (topics) that you would like to display. You can even select channels that are labeled as hidden.
Note: Once a channel has been selected in ScreenCloud, a new app instance will be required to view campaigns from another channel. If you would like to change the channels, you will need to create a new app instance. The same unique Firstup Client ID and Client Secret can be used.
Once you have selected your channels, click Confirm Selection.
- Select Show logo and/or Show QR code. These options can be edited at any time.
- Once you have selected your option/s, click Save & Close.
- If you already have campaigns published in Firstup to the topics you have selected as channels, you can click Preview to preview how your content will appear in ScreenCloud.
Configure in Firstup
Sharing Firstup Campaigns to the ScreenCloud Firstup App
The ScreenCloud Firstup app displays campaigns that have been published to topics in Firstup.
Learn how to create a campaign in Creator Studio by referring to our Create a New Campaign Knowldege Base article. Don't forget to add the campaign to the correct topic that you will be connecting to your ScreenCloud Firstup app.
Topics in Firstup
We recommend that you create topics that will be used strictly for digital signage in ScreenCloud so that the content published to the topic (known as "channels" in ScreenCloud) can be optimized for digital signage. For example, you would not want to publish calls to "like" content to your digital signage. To make a topic that remains exclusive to digital signage, edit the topic to deselect Show in Experience. Targeting and auto-follow have no impact on the display of the content in digital signage.
Topics Example for ScreenCloud
The following are recommendations for Topic creation in ScreenCloud for this integration:
- In the Firstup platform, create topics for each of the locations where you plan to host Firstup content in digital signage via ScreenCloud. For example, if you have two worksites in two cities - create Firstup topics called "ScreenCloud - City A" and "ScreenCloud - City B", respectively. This will allow you to push specific Firstup campaigns to those locations and their corresponding ScreenCloud digital screens.
When you set up a new Firstup app in ScreenCloud, you should create an individual instance of the Firstup app for each of those locations. In this example, you would have a Firstup app in ScreenCloud called "Firstup App - City A" and "Firstup App - City B", respectively.
When setting up the individual Firstup apps in ScreenCloud, select the appropriate Firstup topics for those locations. In this example:
Firstup Topic "ScreenCloud - City A" maps to ScreenCloud Firstup App "Firstup App - City A"
Firstup Topic "ScreenCloud - City B" maps to ScreenCloud Firstup App "Firstup App - City B"
- Now, when you create new campaigns or posts in Firstup, ensure that anything you would like distributed to digital signage in your respective ScreenCloud locations is tagged to the appropriate Firstup topic.
Configure ScreenCloud Screens
Add your Firstup app to your screens using a playlist, channel, or by casting the app to a paired screen.
Learn more about setting screen content in ScreenCloud by referring to Ways to Set Content on Your Screens Using Digital Signage.
Learn all about setting your screens and locations in ScreenCloud by referring to How To Set Up and Use Screen Locations with ScreenCloud.
Please note that ScreenCloud supports the ScreenCloud Firstup app and that it is the only fully supported digital signage solution. While microapps do work with other digital signage solutions, you will need to defer to those respective vendors for support.
Having issues with ScreenCloud? Contact ScreenCloud support directly here.