Note: This article only applies to Community Admins, Brand Super Admins, or applicable custom roles. For more details on Studio access, please refer to the Defining Roles and Restrictions article.
Terminate Access to Experience and Studio
This article provides an overview of how to manually deprovision users. To automatically deprovision users, refer to Deprovision Options.
On the Users page, hover over the three dots to the right of a user's name to select Deactivate User.
This action completes the following:
- The user will become deactivated, which terminates their access to all parts of the community (web experience, mobile app, Studio, etc.) and the user will no longer receive emails from the community.
- No notification is sent to the user regarding becoming deactivated.
- If a deactivated user tries to log in to the member experience, they will receive a message indicating their blocked status.
Mobile App Experience
Deactivated Users in the Member Experience
The author for posts published by deactivated users will still display as their user name in both the web and mobile app. Clicking on their user name (in the web experience only) will still take you to the user's profile. And comments posted by deactivated users will display 'Anonymous' as the author in both the web and mobile app.
Terminate Access to Studio Only
You can demote any Studio user to Member without terminating their member experience access by manually demoting their role.
- Sign in to Studio and navigate to the People page.
- Find the user on the Users page. You can use search or filters.
- Click on the user or hover over the three vertical dots to the right of the user's name and select View.
- Under Role, select Member.
- Click Save.
Demoted users do not receive an email.
If a user is currently deactivated and you want to re-grant access to Studio and/or the member experience, click on the three dots to the right of a user's name and select Activate. This will restore the user to the same Experience Status that the user had before being deactivated (Created, Registering, Registered, etc.), as well as restore their Studio access (if they had a Studio-level role).