Depending on the communication needs of your company, sometimes an audience may become no longer relevant for campaign targeting. At any time an audience can be archived. If the audience becomes relevant again, then the audience can be unarchived.
What Does Archive Do?
Archiving an audience removes the audience as a campaign target option in Orchestrate. The audience will no longer be visible in the @audience list.
We effectively take a snapshot of the audience when a campaign is sent. As a result, archiving an audience will not have an impact on the campaign. The users who were originally in the targeted audience when it was selected would remain in the audience.
- On the Audiences page, archived audiences can be displayed by using the Status filter and selecting the checkbox for Archived. Community Managers and Administrators can look at archived audiences on the Audiences page at any time.
- Edit is an available option for archived audiences on the Audiences page.
How to Archive an Audience
- Sign in to Studio as an Administrator or Community Manager.
- Open the Audiences page by selecting People from the menu on the left and then Audiences.
- While on the Audiences page, click on the three dots to the right of the audience's name and select Archive to archive an audience.
Select the checkbox(es) for the audience(s) you want to archive and select the Archive button. To select or deselect all audiences, click in the top checkbox.
How to Unarchive an Archived Audience
An archived audience can be unarchived using the Unarchive option. Unarchive returns the audience to the audiences list in Orchestrate. Unarchive will also automatically re-target any topics to that audience that were previously targeted.
To restore an archived audience, navigate to the Audiences page, click on the three dots to the right of the audience's name and select Unarchive.
Select the checkbox(es) for the audience(s) you want to unarchive and select the Unarchive button. To select or deselect all audiences, click in the top checkbox.