Brand Super Admins may customize the name of their community, as well as their community URL slug.
To update these settings:
- Sign in to Studio as a Brand Super Admin or an applicable custom role.
- Navigate to Configure > Account.
- Enter the desired values and click Save.
Your community name is located throughout the member experience. For more information, please refer to the Branding Assets Glossary.
Considerations when updating your community name:
- Currently, if the community name is changed, it will not be automatically reflected when viewing content created using the default community author. The author of existing content will need to be manually updated in Studio to the new community name.
- If possible, we recommend not changing the community since the community name is the cornerstone of your community's branding.
This will be added to your community's URL to uniquely identify it.
Considerations when updating your community slug:
- Mobile iOS no longer supports underscores in URLs. It is recommended that URL slugs contain only alphanumeric characters.
- Changing the community slug will change the URL for your community. As a result, any existing links or shortcuts using the old URL will no longer work. Clicking a link using the old community slug will take the user to a 404 Not found page. Therefore, great care must be taken to inform users of the change and update shortcuts on company intranet sites.
Article is closed for comments.