Enabling users to flag a post allows admins to get ahead of any content that may be seen as controversial and alleviates moderation duties by providing an additional monitoring layer. After reviewing the content in the member experience, admins can choose in Studio to archive the campaigns or remove the flags. Post flagging is available in the web experience, as well as in the mobile app version 5.0.1 and newer.
How to Flag a Post
Any user, Studio user or Member, has the ability to flag a post in the member experience.
- To flag a post in the member experience (both web and mobile), locate and click/tap the vertical ellipses at the bottom of the post details.
- Select Flag post.
- Confirm that you want to flag the post for review and click/tap Flag post to submit the post for review. The same post cannot be flagged by the same user twice.
- A success message will be displayed.
Review Flagged Posts
Only Community Admins, Brand Super Admins, or custom roles with permission to moderate comments and content can moderate flagged posts, however, Community Admins and restricted custom roles are restricted to content posted to their assigned topics.
- In Studio, admins will receive a bell notification with the current count of flags. Clicking on Flagged will redirect you to the list of both flagged comments and campaigns.
- On the Campaigns page, use the Flagged filter to filter the list of campaigns by flagged Campaigns only.
- Click on the red flag link to open the review window.
- From the view window you can see which users flagged the campaign. To review the campaign, click to open and view the post in a new tab in the web experience.
- Once you have reviewed the post in the member experience, choose whether you want to Remove Flags or Archive Campaign.
- Remove Flag will do simply that. The flags will be removed from the campaign in Studio. The post will continue to exist in the member experience. And users who previously flagged the post will now be able to flag it again if they think it requires attention.
- Archive Campaign will immediately remove the post from the member experience and move the campaign to the Archived tab on the Campaigns page. If the campaign is ever unarchived, it will be moved to the Drafts tab. The campaign archive date will then have to be removed or rescheduled and the campaign will have to be republished for the post to exist in the member experience again.