Note: This article only applies to Community Admins, Brand Super Admins, or applicable custom roles. For more details on Studio access, please refer to the Defining Roles and Restrictions article.
Sometimes a topic stops having relevant content for users. At any time a topic can be archived. If the topic becomes relevant again, then the topic can be unarchived.
What Does Archive Do?
- If the topic was visible to a Member, Archive will make the topic and all content in the topic disappear from the Member view.
- The topic is no longer searchable or visible under Discover.
- On the Topics page archived topics can be displayed by using the Status filter and selecting the checkbox for Archived. Community Admins and Brand Super Admins can look at archived topics on the Topics page at any time.
Edit is an available option for archived topics under the Topics page.
- The Calendar page will no longer show the topic or content in the archived topic.
How to Archive an Active or Hidden Topic
- Sign in to Studio.
- Open the Topics page by selecting Configure from the menu on the left and then Topics.
- While on the Topics page, click on the three dots to the right of the topic's name and select Archive to archive an active or hidden topic.
Select the checkbox(s) for the topic(s) you want to archive and select the Archive button. To select or deselect all topics, click in the top checkbox.
Note: My Feed cannot be archived because My Feed serves as the default starting point for all users in the mobile and web experience (called Latest in the user experience).
How to Unarchive an Archived Topic
Archived topics can be unarchived using the Unarchive option. Unarchive also returns the content in the topic to the Calendar page.
To restore an archived topic, navigate to the Topics page, click on the three dots to the right of the topic's name and select Unarchive.
Select the checkbox(s) for the topic(s) you want to unarchive and select the Unarchive button. To select or deselect all topics, click in the top checkbox.