Many social media users watch a video with no audio, and some of your users may not be able to hear at all. Expand the reach of your videos on the web and in the mobile apps by adding captions! Version note: captions are only supported on Android for app versions 4.1.0 and up.
Once a video campaign has closed captioning, users can select the CC button to turn on the captions. The CC button appears anywhere the video appears, even if you embed the video.
Add Captions to a Video Block
Note: Only one closed caption file can be uploaded per video block. In order to add additional closed captions for different languages, separate campaigns will need to be created for each language. Another option is to host the video on an external video site, such as YouTube, Vimeo, etc. These sites support multiple closed caption files in different languages. You can then use the URL option for the video block to embed the external video directly into your campaign and provide access to the additional closed caption languages.
- Sign in to Studio.
- Click Create.
- Select Video from the simple block menu. (For an overview of all campaign creation options, please refer to Create a New Campaign.)
- Hover over the block and click the Edit icon.
- On the Content panel, click Add a video to upload a video file such as MP4 or MOV. Or, edit an existing video campaign that was created from a video file. Studio cannot be used to add captions to videos pulled in via link, such as Youtube, Vimeo, or Kaltura link.
- After the video is done processing, select + Add Captions.
- Click Add Captions File to select a valid closed caption file in SRT or VTT format. The file must contain timestamps for every subtitle. The captions can be in any language that can be encoded in UTF-8.
- Once the captions have successfully uploaded, click Save.
- Once the captions have been uploaded, you can preview the video to confirm that they have lined up correctly with the visuals.
- You can remove captions from a video by selecting the Trash icon. Or to replace the captions with new captions, click the Gear icon.
Article is closed for comments.