Video campaigns are some of the most engaging content you can publish and are great for promoting engagement with the play icon! This article will walk you through how to configure a video block. For an overview of all campaign creation options, please refer to Create a New Campaign.
Plan on using this block again? Learn how to create a custom block.
How to Create a Video Block
- Sign in to Studio.
- Click Create.
- Select the simple Video template to start with a simple video block. You can also start with a blank campaign, choose a template to edit, or add a video to an existing campaign.
- Hover over the video block and choose the Edit icon.
- On the Content panel, click Add a video to upload a video file such as MP4 or MOV, or to use a public or unlisted video URL (YouTube, Vimeo, Kaltura, Vidyard, or Wistia). Refer to our content specifications for supported video formats and the recommended size.
- Select your preview image and, for uploaded files, you can click + Add Captions to add captions to your video.
- From the Design panel on the Design page, you can now edit the Style of your block.
- On the Design page, you can now edit the campaign Cover, as well as view the Preview for your desired channel/s and send a test campaign.
Note: Attempting to watch a video in the preview email will result in an error. Video playback will no longer result in an error once the campaign has been published.
- Complete your campaign, including all of the Deliver settings.
- Click Review in the bottom right corner to review your campaign summary and projected delivery.
- Then schedule and click Publish to publish the campaign, or Content Creators can save the campaign as a draft for review by selecting the Save icon at the top right.
What Members See
Video blocks appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the web experience.
Clicking on the content card will immediately open the video and begin playback in a new view. In this view, you can watch the video, bookmark the video, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the video (if these features are enabled in Deliver).
Video blocks also appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the mobile app experience.
Tapping on the content card will open the video in a new view. In this view, you can watch the video, bookmark the video, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the video (if these features are enabled in Deliver).
Video blocks will appear in emails similar to how content cards appear in the member experience.
Playing videos will require a user to click through to the full content. What does click-through look like? If the web experience is enabled for your community, the video will require login in order to play. If the web experience is not enabled (ex. email-only), we will either not support the interactive block or access is managed through a unique, one-time token embedded in the URL in the email. If a user accesses content through an expired token, they will see an option to send themself the email again with a fresh token. This ensures that unique links cannot be shared widely. At most, one non-intended recipient may access the link before it expires (e.g. if an employee shares their unique link with other people). If they want to come back to it, they’ll have to request a new token.
Article is closed for comments.