Video blocks are great for promoting engagement with the play icon! This article will walk you through how to configure a video block. For an overview of all campaign creation options, please refer to Create a New Campaign.
How to Create a Video Block
- Sign in to Studio as an Administrator or Community Manager.
- Click Create.
- Select the simple Video template to start with a simple video block. You can also start with a blank campaign, choose a template to edit, or add a video to an existing campaign.
- Hover over the video block and choose the Edit icon.
- Click Upload to upload a video file or click the Change button to also have the option to use a video URL (YouTube, Viemo, Kaltura, etc.). Refer to our content specifications for supported video formats and the recommended size.
- For uploaded files, you can click Update Captions to add captions to your video. Or click Apply.
- You can now edit the video Style and Cover, as well as send an email Preview of the video, or view the preview for your desired channel/s.
- Complete your campaign, including all of the Orchestrate settings, and Publish.
What Members See
Video blocks appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the web experience.
Clicking on the content card will immediately open the video and begin playback in a new view. In this view, you can watch the video, bookmark the video, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the video (if these features are enabled in Orchestration).
Video blocks also appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the mobile app experience.
Tapping on the content card will open the video in a new view. In this view, you can watch the video, bookmark the video, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the video (if these features are enabled in Orchestration).
Video blocks will appear in emails similar to how content cards appear in the member experience.
Playing videos will require a user to click through to the full content. What does click-through look like? If the web experience is enabled for your community, the video will require login in order to play. If the web experience is not enabled (ex. email-only), we will either not support the interactive block or access is managed through a unique, one-time token embedded in the URL in the email. If a user accesses content through an expired token, they will see an option to send themself the email again with a fresh token. This ensures that unique links cannot be shared widely. At most, one non-intended recipient may access the link before it expires (e.g. if an employee shares their unique link with other people). If they want to come back to it, they’ll have to request a new token.