This article will walk you through how to configure an image carousel (image gallery) block. For an overview of all campaign creation options, please refer to Create a New Campaign.
Plan on using this block again? Learn how to create a custom block.
How to Create an Image Carousel
- Sign in to Studio.
- Click Create.
- Start with a blank campaign to view all image block options.
- Click + Add block.
- Select Images and choose the image carousel block. Click Select Blocks to apply the block to your campaign.
- On the Design page, hover over the block and choose the Edit icon to begin customizing the image carousel.
- Click + New Image to upload an image, select an image from the image library, or link to an image URL. For this example, we'll select an image from the Library. (Refer to our content specifications for supported image types and the recommended size ratio.)
- Search for an image and then hover over the image and click Select. Once you have selected all of your images, click Select Images to add the images to the carousel. Note that the image carousel has a limit of 10 images.
- Remove the placeholder images by hovering over the image and clicking the X.
- Drag and drop the images in the order you want them to appear in the carousel.
- Click on the Edit icon for each image to add optional alt text. Then click Done to apply the alt text changes.
- From the Design panel, edit the appearance of your image carousel block.
- From the Section panel, select the visibility settings for the block.
- On the Design page, you can now edit the campaign Cover, as well as view the Preview for your desired channel/s and send a test campaign.
- Complete your campaign, including all of the Deliver settings.
- Click Review in the bottom right corner to review your campaign summary and projected delivery.
- Then schedule and click Publish to publish the campaign, or Content Creators can save the campaign as a draft for review by selecting the Save icon at the top right.
What Members See
Image carousel blocks appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the web experience.
Clicking on the content card immediately opens the image carousel block in a new view. In this view, you can interact with the carousel, bookmark the content, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the content (if these features are enabled in Deliver).
Image carousel blocks also appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the mobile app experience.
Tapping on the content card will open the image carousel in a new view. In this view, you can interact with the image carousel, bookmark the content, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the content (if these features are enabled in Deliver).
Users cannot interact with the image carousel block within email. The images will be static. Users will need to access the campaign via the web or mobile app experience to interact with and click through/hover on images in the image carousel.
Note: There is no email click-through on images.