Rich text is text that is formatted with common formatting options, such as bold and italics, that are unavailable with plain text. The new Studio gives you the ability to add rich text blocks to your campaigns. Rich text blocks are commonly used in newsletters but can be paired with an image block, or even stand alone for announcements, etc. This article will walk you through how to configure a rich text block. For an overview of all campaign creation options, please refer to Create a New Campaign.
How to Create a Rich Text Block
- Sign in to Studio as an Administrator or Community Manager.
- Click Create.
- You can start with a blank campaign, choose a template to edit, or add a rich text block to an existing campaign.
- For this example, we'll start with a blank campaign.
- Click Add Layout to choose from a selection of content blocks.
- Select a rich text block and click Use Block.
- Click inside the rich text block to update the text.
- You can now edit the rich text block Style and Cover, as well as send an email Preview of the rich text block, or view the preview for your desired channel/s.
- Complete your campaign, including all of the Orchestrate settings, and Publish.
What Members See
Rich text blocks appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the web experience.
Clicking on the content card will immediately open a new view. In this view, you can view the text, bookmark the text, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the text (if these features are enabled in Orchestration).
Rich text blocks also appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the mobile app experience.
Tapping on the content card will open a new view. In this view, you can view the text, bookmark the text, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the text (if these features are enabled in Orchestration).
Rich text blocks will appear in email similar to how they appear in a newsletter, however, there is no click-through action for rich text.