Rich text is text that is formatted with common formatting options, such as bold and italics, that are unavailable with plain text. The new Studio gives you the ability to add rich text blocks to your campaigns. Rich text blocks are commonly used in newsletters and can even be paired with inline images. This article will walk you through how to configure a rich text block. For an overview of all campaign creation options, please refer to Create a New Campaign.
Plan on using this block again? Learn how to create a custom block.
How to Create a Rich Text Block
- Sign in to Studio.
- Click Create.
- You can start with a blank campaign, choose a template to edit, or add a rich text block to an existing campaign.
- For this example, we'll start with a blank campaign.
- Click Add block to choose from a selection of content blocks.
- Select a rich text block and click Select Blocks.
- Click inside the rich text block to update the text or to personalize your communication.
- On the Design page, you can now edit the campaign Style and Cover, as well as view the Preview for your desired channel/s and send a test campaign.
- Complete your campaign, including all of the Deliver settings.
- Click Review in the bottom right corner to review your campaign summary and projected delivery.
- Then schedule and click Publish to publish the campaign, or Content Creators can save the campaign as a draft for review by selecting the Save icon at the top right.
To create a new paragraph, hit the Return/Enter key on your keyboard.
To achieve regular spacing between rows of text, hit Shift+Return/Enter.
What Members See
Rich text blocks appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the web experience.
Clicking on the content card will immediately open a new view. In this view, you can view the text, bookmark the text, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the text (if these features are enabled in Deliver).
Rich text blocks also appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the mobile app experience.
Tapping on the content card will open a new view. In this view, you can view the text, bookmark the text, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the text (if these features are enabled in Deliver).
Rich text blocks will appear in email similar to how they appear in a newsletter, however, there is no click-through action for rich text.
Article is closed for comments.