Version Note: Full poll functionality is only enabled for communities on mobile app version 4.1.0+. If your community has not yet upgraded to version 4.1.0 or above, you may not have access to all poll features outlined below.
Email-only customers currently cannot add poll blocks in the new Studio.
Each poll presents a single question to your users that you can use to gather quick feedback or information. Adding polls to your campaigns offers instant delivery of results and trackable metrics.
Plan on using this block again? Learn how to create a custom block.
How to Configure a Poll
- Sign in to Studio.
- Click Create.
- Select the simple Poll template to start with a simple poll block. You can also start with a blank campaign, choose a template to edit, or add a poll to an existing campaign.
- Hover over the poll block and choose the Edit icon.
- From the Content panel, choose between Single Choice, Multiple Choice, Satisfaction, Star Rating, or Yes/No. You can change your poll type at any time, even after editing the poll text and settings.
- Set the question and, depending on the poll type, list 2-5 answers. Choose whether or not you want to show the poll results to users.
- From the Design panel on the Design page, you can now edit the Style of your block.
- On the Design page, you can now edit the campaign Cover, as well as view the Preview for your desired channel/s and send a test campaign.
- Complete your campaign, including all of the Deliver settings.
- Click Review in the bottom right corner to review your campaign summary and projected delivery.
- Then schedule and click Publish to publish the campaign, or Content Creators can save the campaign as a draft for review by selecting the Save icon at the top right.
- Members who are a part of the poll's target audience will be able to view the poll from the web and mobile app experience.
- After your poll has been seen by members, be sure to monitor the poll results.
What Members See
Poll blocks appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the web experience.
Clicking on the content card will open the poll. In this view, you can answer the poll, bookmark the poll, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the poll (if these features are enabled in Deliver). Note: If a poll is set to shareable, the shared content can be seen but not answered.
Poll blocks also appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the mobile app experience.
Tapping on the content card will open the poll. In this view, you can answer the poll, bookmark the poll, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the poll (if these features are enabled in Deliver). Note: If a poll is set to shareable, the shared content can be seen but not answered.
Poll blocks appear in your email similar to how they appear in the web experience.
Attempting to respond to the poll via the email will redirect you to the poll in the mobile app or web experience. You will be able to submit your response from this page.
For visual learners, check out our video on how to create a quick poll.