Version Note: Full poll functionality is only enabled for communities on mobile app version 4.1.0+. If your community has not yet upgraded to version 4.1.0 or above, you may not have access to all poll features outlined below.
Email-only customers currently cannot add poll blocks in the new Studio.
Each poll presents a single question to your users that you can use to gather quick feedback or information. Adding polls to your campaigns offers instant delivery of results and trackable metrics.
How to Configure a Poll
- Sign in to Studio.
- Click Create.
- Select the simple Poll template to start with a simple poll block. You can also start with a blank campaign, choose a template to edit, or add a poll to an existing campaign.
- Hover over the poll block and choose the Edit icon.
- Click on the current poll type in the top left to change the selection. Choose between Single Choice, Multiple Choice, Satisfaction, Star Rating, or Yes/No. You can change your poll type at any time, even after editing the poll text and settings.
- Set the question and, depending on the poll type, list 2-5 answers. Choose whether or not you want to show the poll results to users.
- Click Apply to return to the Compose page.
- You can now edit the poll Style and Cover, as well as send an email Preview of the poll, or view the preview for your desired channel/s.
- Complete your campaign, including all of the Orchestrate settings.
- Click Publish in the bottom right corner to publish the campaign or Content Creators can save the campaign as a draft for review by selecting Save as draft from the Save menu.
- Members who are a part of the poll's target audience will be able to view the poll from the web and mobile app experience.
- After your poll has been seen by Members, be sure to monitor the poll results.
What Members See
Poll blocks appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the web experience.
Clicking on the content card will open the poll. In this view, you can answer the poll, bookmark the poll, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the poll (if these features are enabled in Orchestration). Note: If a poll is set to shareable, the shared content can be seen but not answered.
Poll blocks also appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the mobile app experience.
Tapping on the content card will open the poll. In this view, you can answer the poll, bookmark the poll, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the poll (if these features are enabled in Orchestration). Note: If a poll is set to shareable, the shared content can be seen but not answered.
Poll blocks appear in your email similar to how they appear in the web experience.
Attempting to respond to the poll via the email will redirect you to the poll in the mobile app or web experience. You will be able to submit your response from this page.