Studio gives you the ability to add link blocks to your campaigns, with options to link to external content, as well as existing content within your community. This article will walk you through how to configure a link block. For an overview of all campaign creation options, please refer to Create a New Campaign.
Plan on using this block again? Learn how to create a custom block.
How to Create a Link Block
- Sign in to Studio.
- Click Create.
- Select the simple Links template to start with a simple link block. You can also start with a blank campaign, choose a template to edit, or add a link to an existing campaign.
- Hover over the link block and choose the Edit icon.
- Click the Add Link button to create your first link. You will be given the options to add an external URL or to select existing content from the Content Library.
- To add an external URL, select URL and fill out the fields. Click Add Link.
To link to a piece of existing content, click Content Library. Select the piece/s of content from the library and click Link to Campaigns.
- Click on the gear icon to edit the link for existing content.
- Fill out the fields and click Add Link.
- You can rearrange the position of your links by clicking on the 6 dots to the left of the links and dragging and dropping them. Or delete a link by clicking the trash icon.
- From the Design panel on the Design page, you can now edit the Style of your block.
- On the Design page, you can now edit the campaign Cover, as well as view the Preview for your desired channel/s and send a test campaign.
- Complete your campaign, including all of the Deliver settings.
- Click Review in the bottom right corner to review your campaign summary and projected delivery.
- Then schedule and click Publish to publish the campaign, or Content Creators can save the campaign as a draft for review by selecting the Save icon at the top right.
What Members See
Link blocks appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the web experience.
if 'Link' was selected as the 'Cover Type in Feed', clicking on the the content card will take you directly to the linked content . If 'Standard' was selected, clicking on the content card will immediately open a new view. In this view, you can access the link, bookmark the link, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the link (if these features are enabled in Deliver).
Mobile App Experience
Link blocks also appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the mobile app experience.
Tapping on the content card will open a new view. In this view, you can access the link, bookmark the link, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the link (if these features are enabled in Deilver).
Link blocks will appear in email similar to how they appear in a newsletter. Clicking on the link will take you to the externally linked page for viewing or redirect you to the piece of content in your community, if an existing campaign was linked.
Note: If the web experience is not enabled (ex. email-only), we will either not support the interactive block or access is managed through a unique, one-time token embedded in the URL in the email. If a user accesses content through an expired token, they will see an option to send themself the email again with a fresh token. This ensures that unique links cannot be shared widely. At most, one non-intended recipient may access the link before it expires (e.g. if an employee shares their unique link with other people). If they want to come back to it, they’ll have to request a new token.