Studio gives you the ability to add link blocks to your campaigns, with options to link to external content, as well as existing content within your community. This article will walk you through how to configure a link block. For an overview of all campaign creation options, please refer to Create a New Campaign.
How to Create a Link Block
- Sign in to Studio as an Administrator or Community Manager.
- Click Create.
- Select the simple Links template to start with a simple link block. You can also start with a blank campaign, choose a template to edit, or add a link to an existing campaign.
- Hover over the link block and choose the Edit icon.
- Clicking New Link will give you options to add an external URL or to select existing content from the Content Library.
- To add an external URL, select URL and fill out the fields. Click Apply.
To link to a piece of existing content, click Content Library. Select the piece of content from the library and click Use Content.
- On the Edit Links page, you can rearrange the position of your link blocks by dragging and dropping them. Or delete a link block by clicking the trash icon.
- Click Apply to add the link block/s to your campaign.
- On the Compose page, you can now edit the Style and Cover, as well as send an email Preview of the link/s, or view the preview for your desired channel/s.
Web Experience Note: Select 'Link' as the cover type (the default) to include a direct link on the content card. Select 'Standard' if you do not want to include a direct link on the content card. Selecting 'Standard' will require a click-through to the detail view for access to the direct link.
- Complete your campaign, including all of the Orchestrate settings, and Publish.
What Members See
Link blocks appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the web experience.
Clicking on the green link on the content card will take you directly to the linked content. Clicking anywhere else on the content card will immediately open a new view. In this view, you can access the link, bookmark the link, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the link (if these features are enabled in Orchestration).
Mobile App Experience
Link blocks also appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the mobile app experience.
Tapping on the content card will open a new view. In this view, you can access the link, bookmark the link, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the link (if these features are enabled in Orchestration).
Link blocks will appear in email similar to how they appear in a newsletter. Clicking on the link will take you to the externally linked page for viewing or redirect you to the piece of content in your community, if an existing campaign was linked.