Studio gives you the ability to add link blocks to your campaigns, with options to link to external content, as well as existing content within your community. This article will walk you through how to configure a link block. For an overview of all campaign creation options, please refer to Create a New Campaign.
How to Create a Link Block
- Sign in to Studio.
- Click Create.
- Select the simple Links template to start with a simple link block. You can also start with a blank campaign, choose a template to edit, or add a link to an existing campaign.
- Hover over the link block and choose the Edit icon.
- Clicking New Link will give you options to add an external URL or to select existing content from the Content Library.
- To add an external URL, select URL and fill out the fields. Click Apply.
To link to a piece of existing content, click Content Library. Select the piece of content from the library and click Use Content.
- On the Edit Links page, you can rearrange the position of your link blocks by dragging and dropping them. Or delete a link block by clicking the trash icon.
- Click Apply to add the link block/s to your campaign.
- On the Compose page, you can now edit the Style and Cover, as well as send an email Preview of the link/s, or view the preview for your desired channel/s.
Web Experience Note: Select 'Link' as the 'Cover Type in Feed' (the default) to include a direct link on the content card. Select 'Standard' if you do not want to include a direct link on the content card. Selecting 'Standard' will require a click-through to the detail view for access to the direct link.
- Complete your campaign, including all of the Orchestrate settings.
- Click Publish in the bottom right corner to publish the campaign or Content Creators can save the campaign as a draft for review by selecting Save as draft from the Save menu.
What Members See
Link blocks appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the web experience.
if 'Link' was selected as the 'Cover Type in Feed', clicking on the the content card will take you directly to the linked content . If 'Standard' was selected, clicking on the content card will immediately open a new view. In this view, you can access the link, bookmark the link, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the link (if these features are enabled in Orchestration).
Mobile App Experience
Link blocks also appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the mobile app experience.
Tapping on the content card will open a new view. In this view, you can access the link, bookmark the link, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the link (if these features are enabled in Orchestration).
Link blocks will appear in email similar to how they appear in a newsletter. Clicking on the link will take you to the externally linked page for viewing or redirect you to the piece of content in your community, if an existing campaign was linked.
Note: If the web experience is not enabled (ex. email-only), we will either not support the interactive block or access is managed through a unique, one-time token embedded in the URL in the email. If a user accesses content through an expired token, they will see an option to send themself the email again with a fresh token. This ensures that unique links cannot be shared widely. At most, one non-intended recipient may access the link before it expires (e.g. if an employee shares their unique link with other people). If they want to come back to it, they’ll have to request a new token.