Adding social links can boost your campaign's click-through rate and provide a secondary call to action in email newsletters. They provide your users instant access to your company's public-facing content.
A best practice is to place your social link block in the header or footer of your email. Readers instinctively scroll to the top or bottom of an email to find information like contacts and social media links. Placing your social links in the header or footer makes them easy for readers to find and won’t interrupt the flow of content.
Plan on using this block again? Learn how to create a custom block.
How to Create a Social Link Block
- Sign in to Studio.
- Click Create.
- You can start with a blank campaign, choose a template to edit, or add a social link block to an existing campaign. (For an overview of all campaign creation options, please refer to Create a New Campaign.)
- For this example, we'll start with a blank campaign.
- Click Add block to choose from a selection of content blocks.
- Select the Social Links block and click Select Blocks.
- On the Design page, hover over the block and click the Edit icon.
- On the Content panel, you can delete any of the social links by clicking the Trash icon, or edit the links by clicking on the Gear icon.
- Fill out all the fields for the social link and click the Update Social Links button to return to the Content panel.
- You will now see your edited social link. From the Content panel, you can edit existing social links or add a new social link by clicking the Add Social Links button. You can also change the order of your social links by clicking on the 6 dots to the left of the icon and dragging and dropping the link.
- From the Design panel on the Design page, you can now edit the Style of your block.
- On the Design page, you can now edit the campaign Cover, as well as view the Preview for your desired channel/s and send a test campaign.
- Complete your campaign, including all of the Deliver settings.
- Click Review in the bottom right corner to review your campaign summary and projected delivery.
- Then schedule and click Publish to publish the campaign, or Content Creators can save the campaign as a draft for review by selecting the Save icon at the top right.
What Members See
Social Link blocks appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the web experience.
Clicking on the associated content card will immediately open a new view. In this view, you can access the social links, bookmark the content, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the content (if these features are enabled in Deliver).
Social Link blocks also appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the mobile app experience.
Tapping on the content card will open a new view. In this view, you can access the social links, bookmark the content, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the content (if these features are enabled in Deliver).
Clicking on a social link in an email will take you to the externally linked social page for viewing.
Article is closed for comments.