Adding social links can boost your campaign's click-through rate and provide a secondary call to action in email newsletters. They provide your users instant access to your company's public-facing content.
A best practice is to place your social link block in the header or footer of your email. Readers instinctively scroll to the top or bottom of an email to find information like contacts and social media links. Placing your social links in the header or footer makes them easy for readers to find and won’t interrupt the flow of content.
Plan on using this block again? Learn how to create a custom block.
How to Create a Social Link Block
- Sign in to Studio.
- Click Create.
- You can start with a blank campaign, choose a template to edit, or add a social link block to an existing campaign. (For an overview of all campaign creation options, please refer to Create a New Campaign.)
- For this example, we'll start with a blank campaign.
- Click Add Layout to choose from a selection of content blocks.
- Select the Social Links block and click Use Block.
- On the Compose page, hover over the block and click the Edit icon.
- On the Edit page, you can delete any of the social links by clicking the Trash icon, or edit the links by clicking on them.
- Fill out all the fields for the social link and click Apply to be taken back to the Edit Social Links page.
- From the Edit Social Links page, you can edit existing social links or add a new social link. Click Apply to add the social links to your campaign.
- On the Compose page, you can now edit the Style and Cover, as well as send an email Preview of the social link/s, or view the preview for your desired channel/s.
- Complete your campaign, including all of the Orchestrate settings.
- Click Publish in the bottom right corner to publish the campaign or Content Creators can save the campaign as a draft for review by selecting Save as draft from the Save menu.
What Members See
Social Link blocks appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the web experience.
Clicking on the associated content card will immediately open a new view. In this view, you can access the social links, bookmark the content, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the content (if these features are enabled in Orchestration).
Social Link blocks also appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the mobile app experience.
Tapping on the content card will open a new view. In this view, you can access the social links, bookmark the content, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the content (if these features are enabled in Orchestration).
Clicking on a social link in an email will take you to the externally linked social page for viewing.