Using the Library, you have a variety of options to present engaging, digestible content with improved readability and a cleaner look and feel. Templates make it easy and enjoyable for your employees to read company news and information, leading to better engagement and retention within the community.
Note: Community Admins and Brand Super Admins can create and manage templates, however, Community Admins will only be able to edit campaigns created by other Creator Studio users that they are a part of the target topic and/or audience for, regardless of template assignation. All Creator Studio users can access and use templates. Custom roles can be granted access to manage templates.
A campaign template is a pre-defined combination of Audience, Blocks, and Deliver settings (or a single variable). Templates streamline campaign creation by providing pre-configured starting points for common or repeated types of communications, such as weekly newsletters, CEO updates, and employee recognition.
Templates can be used to define, not only the content, layout, and style, but also all of the settings and details of how the campaign will be communicated and to which audiences. For example, when defining a "CEO Update" template, you can also set the priority, audience, and channels to ensure this type of update gets the visibility needed.
Templates can include any of the following:
- Assets (images, videos, text)
- Styles (colors, sizes, font faces, etc.)
- Audiences and Topics
- Feature toggles (commentable, translatable, etc.)
- Deliver rules (channels, priority, duration, etc.)
There are two types of templates included in the Library: Global and community-specific.
Global - Published by Firstup and available to all organizations and users in Creator Studio. Global templates will show Firstup as their creator.
Community-specific - Created, edited, archived/unarchived by Community Admins and Brand Super Admins and are only available to the community's defined Creator Studio roles - private or public. Community-specific templates will show the user who created the template as the creator.
Apply a Template
- Sign in to Creator Studio.
- Click Create.
- Select 'Blank' to start from scratch, or select one of the simple blocks to begin creating a template.
- Modify your campaign and click Deliver to configure the Deliver settings for the template, or select Save as template from the campaign menu to add the template to the Library without Deliver settings. You can also save the template from the same menu on the Deliver page. (If you don't want to configure Deliver settings for the template, Deliver settings can always be configured later when using the template.)
Note: The scheduled publish time (Now or Later) will not be saved with the template.
- Give your template a name and description, and upload an image. If an image is not uploaded, the template itself will be used as the thumbnail image.
- Assign permissions for your template.
Specific Users - Specific Users will give you the option to assign the template to specific users from the Users page. Only the users assigned the template will be able to use the template.
Public - Public will make the template available to all Creator Studio users to use.
- Click Save to add the template to your community's Library under the Templates tab.
Manage TemplatesTemplates created by Firstup can only be previewed and archived for your community. Their details, such as name, description, and permissions cannot be edited. However, custom templates created by Creator Studio users in your community can be edited.
To preview, archive, or edit (if applicable) a template click on the three vertical dots to the right of the template.
Edit (if applicable) will allow you to edit the general information, as well as permissions.
Archive for my community will lock the template from use. In the Library, the template will appear greyed out with a lock symbol and will no longer be available for selection when creating a new campaign. To unarchive the template, click on the three vertical dots to the right of the template and select Unarchive for my community. Unarchiving the template will remove the lock on the template and make the template available for selection again when creating a new campaign.
Assign a Template
While Brand Super Admins can choose any published template, all other roles must be assigned templates, unless the template is public or the template was created by Firstup. Templates are assigned to users via their profile. (See Manage Templates above.)
- Sign in to Creator Studio and navigate to the People page and then the Users tab.
- Click on the user you want to assign a template to.
- Scroll down to the Permissions section and click into the Templates box.
- Search for and select the checkbox next to the template/s you want to assign the user.
- Save the changes to the user's profile. The template/s will now be available to the user for selection when creating a new campaign.
To dive deeper into templates, we encourage you to check out the following courses in the Firstup Training Center: