This article will walk you through how to configure an image block. For an overview of all campaign creation options, please refer to Create a New Campaign.
How to Create an Image Block
- Sign in to Studio.
- Click Create.
- Start with a blank campaign to view all image block options.
- Click on the Add Layout block.
- Select Images and choose from a selection of image blocks, including blocks that you can add multiple images to. Click Use Block to apply the block to your campaign canvas.
- On the Compose page, hover over the image block and choose the Edit icon.
- Click Change to upload an image, select an image from the Image Library, or link to an image URL. For this example, we'll select an image from the Image Library. Refer to our content specifications for supported image types and the recommended size ratio.
- Search for an image and then hover over the image and click Select.
- Update the alt text and click Apply.
- You can now edit the image Style and Cover, as well as send an email Preview of the image, or view the preview for your desired channel/s.
- Complete your campaign, including all of the Orchestrate settings.
- Click Publish in the bottom right corner to publish the campaign or Content Creators can save the campaign as a draft for review by selecting Save as draft from the Save menu.
What Members See
Image blocks appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the web experience.
Clicking on the content card will immediately open the image block in a new view. In this view, you can view the image, bookmark the image, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the image (if these features are enabled in Orchestration).
Image blocks also appear under a content card in one of the feed views in the mobile app experience.
Tapping on the content card will open the image in a new view. In this view, you can view the image, bookmark the image, and add likes. You can also interact with the comments and share the image (if these features are enabled in Orchestration).
Image blocks will appear in emails similar to how they appear in the member experience. Note: There is no email click-through on images.